Funniest Actletes on TV
We all know about those athletes who decide to make a transition into the television world. But what about those actors who portray athletes, or just plain fitness nerds, on television?
Well, since I am such a big TV watcher, I noticed this trend last night while watching reruns of Modern Family. What is up with all these 'athletic' characters on primetime TV these days? Is it just me or are 50 percent of scenes filmed in gym? And boy was I judging myself so badly while sitting on my butt eating a big pizza while watching Phil Dunphy talk about his cheerleading days. That got me thinking... who are some of the funniest actletes (get it?) on TV?
1. Chris Traeger from Parks & Recreation
Chris Traeger (Rob Lowe) is LIT-erally a beast when it comes to health and exercising. You know you're a health nut when you consider a 9 mile run as "light exercise". My favorite quote from him? "Sorry, Leslie. D@*m! I have to go run ten miles. I have run ten miles a day every day for 18 years. That's 65,000 miles. A third of a way to the moon. My goal is to run to the moon."
Along with running crazy distances, he keeps his Adonis-like body nourished with organic foods, and views his body as a "temple". I do too Rob Chris, I do too. Plus, I'm pretty sure Lowe lives a healthy lifestyle off set as well. I mean, who can be 48-years-old and look like they're getting younger?
2. Phil Dunphy from Modern Family
Phil Dunphy (Ty Burrell) is certainly one of those hilarious TV dads, who likes to practice magic, sell homes and eat waffles. But, his one hidden talent? Being a male cheerleader, with tragic hair, and who didn't get invited to any college parties helps qualify Dunphy as one of my favorite characters on TV. Isn't that enough?
3. Schmidt on New Girl
Madonna. Beyonce. Cher. Icons in the entertainment world who need no introduction or last name for that matter. Introduce Schmidt (Max Greenfield), the narcissistic, slightly feminine character who provides some great comedic relief . He's like Chris Traeger in some ways, but unlike Traeger, can find some very impressed ladies. He holds himself in such high regards, especially with his fitness regime, and if this video doesn't make you laugh, I don't know what to do with you. Greenfield brings a slightly sassy nature to his character, who I think if the show continues its success, will be a household name.
4. Penny Hartz from Happy Endings
Oh Penny, how I adore you! Penny Hartz (Casey Wilson) is a slightly overweight, quirky, neurotic yet relatable character who is, yes, obsessed with her fitness! She's the everyday female with the insecurities that I'm pretty sure all my ladies out there have had. Regardless, Wilson is hilarious as Penny who when it comes to her athletic endeavors, is just plain amazing to watch. Her noises, comments, and no-nonsense way of attacking the gym are priceless.
Phil Dunphy (Ty Burrell) is certainly one of those hilarious TV dads, who likes to practice magic, sell homes and eat waffles. But, his one hidden talent? Being a male cheerleader, with tragic hair, and who didn't get invited to any college parties helps qualify Dunphy as one of my favorite characters on TV. Isn't that enough?
3. Schmidt on New Girl
Madonna. Beyonce. Cher. Icons in the entertainment world who need no introduction or last name for that matter. Introduce Schmidt (Max Greenfield), the narcissistic, slightly feminine character who provides some great comedic relief . He's like Chris Traeger in some ways, but unlike Traeger, can find some very impressed ladies. He holds himself in such high regards, especially with his fitness regime, and if this video doesn't make you laugh, I don't know what to do with you. Greenfield brings a slightly sassy nature to his character, who I think if the show continues its success, will be a household name.
4. Penny Hartz from Happy Endings
Oh Penny, how I adore you! Penny Hartz (Casey Wilson) is a slightly overweight, quirky, neurotic yet relatable character who is, yes, obsessed with her fitness! She's the everyday female with the insecurities that I'm pretty sure all my ladies out there have had. Regardless, Wilson is hilarious as Penny who when it comes to her athletic endeavors, is just plain amazing to watch. Her noises, comments, and no-nonsense way of attacking the gym are priceless.


No comments:
Post a Comment